Hold a Kids Walk/Mini Walk Around Your School!
- To sign your school up for a Kids Walk, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Jennifer at 716.833.2873.
- Set the date, time & location – walk during the lunch hour around the school grounds, after school around the school track or on the weekend at a local park.
- Set a Walker & dollar goal for the school to strive toward. Hang up giant thermometers (given to you by JDRF) all over the school so students can track the school’s progress.
- Create excitement by having competitions between classes.
- JDRF will do all the work – we’ll put together packets for the kids to take home (whether it is sneakers to sell, information or permission slips to Walk at school)!
- Hold a school assembly to get everyone excited about the Walk, educate them on diabetes, sign-up Walkers & promote prizes! JDRF can even bring Rufus, the bear with diabetes!
- Walkers collect donations from friends, family & neighbors to help cure diabetes.
- Provide incentive prizes, like a pizza party, to the class that raises the most money or movie tickets for the top individual fundraisers to encourage participation.
Hold a Jeans Day, Hat Day, or Non-Uniform Day!
- For a donation of $1, your students and faculty can wear jeans or other casual school attire.
- Or allow students to wear their hats for the day when they make a $1 donation.
Mini Fund Raisers for JDRF!
- Host a car wash at the school or local business.
- Have a used CD sale (students clean out their old CD’s & sell them at school).
- Hold a bake sale.
- Collect Coins for a Cure! Give them little decorated baggies to make it more fun!
- Hold JDRF drawings for $1 or $5 for a special prize. Prizes don’t have to cost money – some ideas are:
Be a principal or teacher for the day.
Get out of Gym card.
Homework extension passes.
Extra study hall pass or a ‘No Homework Today’ pass.
Sell Paper Sneakers!
- Students take home 10 paper sneakers to sell for $1 each or more!
- JDRF will provide them with sneakers and collection envelopes.
- Easy for teachers and parents! JDRF will collect the envelopes and count all the money!
- Display the sneakers in a prominent location such as outside the cafeteria or in the school gym. Or challenge students to sell enough sneakers to make it all the way around the school!
CALL TODAY TO SET UP YOUR SCHOOL FUNDRAISER!