Request for Volunteers
All of our special events and other important activities would be impossible to carry out without the help of the Chapters numerous dedicated volunteers. JDRFs volunteers contribute their time, talent, and resources to our work — and their commitment helps raise millions of dollars for diabetes research, increases public awareness of diabetes, and provides emotional support for people with diabetes.
Our volunteers help JDRF keep its costs low. Consistently, more than 80 percent of every dollar spent goes directly to diabetes research and public education, making JDRF one of the most cost efficient and productive private health research organizations in the world.
What do our volunteers do?
- Serve on the Board or Board committees.
- Assist with the organization, planning and completion of fund raising events.
- Assist with the recruitment of walkers.
- Assist with many administrative tasks, such as stuffing envelopes, registering walkers, handing out walker t-shirts, counting donations, etc.
- Represent JDRF at various fund raising events.
- Share their personal stories.
- And countless other tasks, large and small, that make our Chapter “go.”
Come join theWestern New YorkChapter of the JDRF and make a difference.
To become a volunteer or receive more information, contact –
JDRF -Western New YorkChapter
331 Alberta Drive, Suite 106
Amherst, NY 14226
Phone:(716) 833-2873 or toll free at 1-888-533-WALK
Or click here to fill out this form and send it in to our office today!