Cheer for the Cure
- February 7, 2015
- 08:30 - 04:00
- The Conference Center of Niagara Falls
16th Annual Cheer for the Cure
Saturday, February 7, 2015
Conference & Events Center – Niagara Falls, NY
JDRF’s Cheer for the Cure is sanctioned by the NYSPHSAA
And is a U.S. Finals Qualifier competition!
Cheer for the Cure Schedule
8:30 a.m. – All Star, Dance, Little Loop, Special Needs & College
11:30 a.m. – Awards Ceremony
1:00 p.m. – Middle & High School Teams
4:00 p.m. – Awards Ceremony
*Please note: actual performance & award ceremony times may change based on the number of teams competing.
JDRF’s Cheer for the Cure is one of Western New York’s most exciting charity events, drawing teams from Western & Central New York, Canada and Pennsylvania. Proceeds will benefit JDRF’s research efforts to cure, treat & prevent type 1 diabetes.
- Click here for the School, College & Recreational Teams Registration Form
- Click here for the All-Star Teams Registration Form
- Click here for the Medical/Liability Release Form
Type 1 diabetes is an autoimmune disease. It’s onset has nothing to do with diet or lifestyle, and there is no cure. That’s where you can help!
Please join JDRF and local athletes as we cheer on the cure. Funds raised through cheerleading teams, sponsors & spectators will support research efforts to find a cure for type 1 diabetes.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (716) 833-2873 for more information about team registration, sponsorship & vendor opportunities.
Attention Schools: Cheerleading in New York State is officially considered a competitive sport. Here are a few things you need to know:
- JDRF’s Cheer for the Cure is sanctioned by the NYSPHSAA. This means that all competitive school teams are allowed to participate.
- Participating schools are also eligible to compete in Buffalo League, CCAA, ECIC, NFL, NO, Section VI & other league events.
- You can utilize this competition as prep for the brand new Section VI cheerleading competition.